Thursday, July 24, 2014
at 4:14 AM
To align Group WMPS strategic alignment and provide thought leadership to country WMPS team to ensure steady growth of markets products in country.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
• Align Group strategic plan with local customised business plan for all segments to ensure financial budget is delivered. Monitor and hold reviews with Regional Head, Wealth Markets Products and Sales, and Head, Wealth Management, periodically.
• Provide thought leadership in the way business is run by establishing products and processes innovation and create further synergy in the Bank
• Implement standards of performance and customer service deliveries. Establish networking with all divisions of the Bank as well as with external parties
• Oversee governance of WMPS desk to ensure adherence to the Bank’s policies and key control standard as well as zero fail audit.
People and Talent
• Champion and act as a role model of the Group’s values and culture in the country and the cluster
• Build a country/cluster top team capable of ensuring delivery of the business’ short and longer-term objectives through:
- Coaching, guidance and management of team to ensure they deliver against the ambitious financial, non-financial and risk/control objectives
- Identifying and addressing the top issues/opportunities for performance improvement across the team (both direct and indirect reports)
- Driving an environment of collaboration, both within the team and across the wider Group, to ensure issues are raised and blockages are resolved in a timely manner
- Developing succession plans that identify gaps in bench-strength; subsequently implementing action plans to ensure ready-now talent is available
• Seek to understand the risk and control environment in country/cluster and drive rectification as required
• Ensure adequate and appropriate systems and controls are in compliance with Group policies, procedures, standards and codes, including those governing all Risk types, Compliance, Technology and Operations and Finance to ensure:
- that team members are capable of performing successfully in their roles
- there is clear oversight / supervision / decision making e.g. committees
• Ensure effective implementation of Risk Management framework throughout the organisation
- Risk appetite is clear and integral to the strategy with appropriate controls
- Effective processes in place to identify, manage, monitor and report risk
• Drive the systems and procedures to safeguard the security, integrity and confidentiality of information
• Provide oversight in the country and cluster, ensuring compliance with the highest standards of regulatory conduct and compliance practices as defined by internal and external requirements. This includes compliance with local banking laws, other applicable laws (e.g. laws governing securities activities, company law) and anti-money laundering regulations and guidelines.
• Embed the Group’s values and code of conduct in the region to ensure that adherence with the highest standards of ethics, and compliance with relevant policies, processes and regulations among employees form part of the culture
• Engage with all audit report findings in country and ensure feedback is acted upon
Qualifications & Skills
• University Graduate
• At least 15 years of substantial experience in markets products and sales across all asset classes and a profound understanding/appreciation of regulatory, risk control and fiduciary standards expected of a large scale global business.
• Excellent technical skills and knowhow
• Commercially astute, driven and energetic
• Thoughtful and analytical, as well as decisive and determined
• An effective team player, with a sense of ownership and accountability
• Driven and ambitious; inclusive and co-operative in style
• Extremely hard-working
• Excellent communication skills and ability to develop strong relationships
• Enjoy working in a challenging, fast paced environment
• The candidate should possess a “can-do” mindset and entrepreneurial attitude.
• Well-organised, hands-on and disciplined approach to work.
• Ability to represent the business at a very senior level internally to peers
• Self starter with high energy and ability to motivate others.
• Track record of continuous self learning and pushing the boundaries.
• Ability to manage detail as well as step back and see the bigger picture
• Strong presentation skills with an ability to translate complex issues into simple
Diversity & Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.
at 2:51 AM
There is no single formula for passion. What defines The Coca-Cola Company’s people is the ability to convert their passion into action. It...
In line with our corporate priorities aimed at ensuring the maximization of revenue collection and increased tax compliance on the one ha...
Dangote Cement constantly endeavors to hire the best available talent across the globe to propel its pan-africa cement projects. Please ma...
Graduate jobs in banking Our personal banking services are the pulse of the economy. Working at the frontline, we help our customers thro...
Service Centre Controller Responsibilities Manages stock, reconciliation and cash at the Service Centre. Drive sales targets and cust...
The United Nations Secretariat is looking for competent and motivated persons with a strong belief in its purpose and mandates, who are wil...
Application [DS-174] To apply, you must use the above application DS-714 The following employment opportunities are now available at th...
Welcome to KPMG careers. Browse the careers section to find out how you could flourish at KPMG. We invite you to explore the opportunities....
FAO Food and Agriculture Organisation About the organisation FAO's mandate is to raise levels of nutrition, improve agricultural p...
Finance Bank Zambia Limited (FBZ) is now accepting applications to fill the position of Human Resource & Training Manager (HRTM). The ...
AB Bank Zambia Abt Associates ACC Anti Corruption Commission Zambia Access Bank Accountant Administration Afdb African Development Bank Agriculture Airtel Zambia Atlas Copco Zambia AU African Union Aviation Jobs AWF African Wildlife Foundation BancABC Barclays Bank Zambia Blantyre BOZ Bank of Zambia British Council in Zambia CARE INTERNATIONAL ZAMBIA Cavmont Bank Center for Infectious Disease Research in Zambia CHAI Clinton Health Access Initiative Chamber of Mines of Zambia Chibombo Chililabombwe Chingola Chipata Chirundu Choma Citibank Civil Engineer Climate Change and Environment COMESA Community Development Jobs Consultancy Copperbelt Copperbelt Energy Corporation Copperbelt University CRS Catholic Relief Services Customer Care Customer Support - Technical Support Danish Refugee Council DBZ DEVELOPMENT BANK OF ZAMBIA Democratic of the Congo Driver Jobs Economist Education EGPAF Elizabeth Glazer Pediatric AIDS Foundation ELECTORAL COMMISSION OF ZAMBIA Electrical Engineering Environmental Jobs ERB Energy Regulation Board ESAMI Eastern and Southern African Management Institute FHI360 Finance Finca Malawi FINCA Zambia First Quantum Minerals Ltd FNB FIRST NATIONAL BANK ZAMBIA Food and Nutrition Graduate Trainee Health Hospitality Jobs HPCZ Health Professions Council of Zambia Human Resources Human Rights ICT JOBS Insurance Jobs IRC International Rescue Committee Islamic Relief Jhpiego Kabwe Kalulushi Kalumbila Kasama Kasumbalesa Kitwe Konkola Copper Mines plc Lecturer Legal Aid Board Legal Jobs Librarian Lilongwe Livingstone LMC Lumwana Mining Company Limited Lubambe Copper Mine Limited Lumwana Lusaka Lusaka University Maamba Collieries Limited Malawi Jobs Marie Stopes Zambia Marketing Mazabuka Mechanical Engineering MEDIA AND COMMUNICATIONS MEDICAL STORES LIMITED Mining Jobs Ministry of Gender and Child Development Ministry of local government and housing MKUSHI Mongu Monitoring and Evaluation Mopani Copper Mines PLC MPIKA MTN Zambia MU MULUNGUSHI UNIVERSITY NAPSA National Pension Scheme Authority National Airports Corporation National Milling Corporation NCC NATIONAL COUNCIL FOR CONSTRUCTION Ndola NEPAD NFNC National Food and Nutrition Commission NGO JOBS NHA National Housing Authority NLACW National Legal Aid Clinic for Women NPA National Prosecution Authority NRFA National Road Fund Agency NU Northrise University OXFAM PACT PATH INTERNATIONAL PC Population Council Peace Corps Zambia PIA Pensions and Insurance Authority Plan International Procurement Jobs Project Manager PSI Puma Energy International Purchasing - Supplies Manager PwC RDA Road Development Agency Records Management Research Restless Development Rural Electrification Authority SADC Southern African Development Community Sales Sandvik Save the Children SCHOLARSHIPS Security Jobs SNV ZAMBIA Solwezi Standard Chartered Bank Statistician SUPPLY CHAIN Teaching Jobs Telecommunications The World Bank UN United Nations UNDP UNICEF UNZA University of Zambia US Embassy in Zambia USAID Zambia Veterinary Council of Zambia Volunteering VSO Voluntary Service Overseas WaterAid Zambia WFP World Food Programme WHO World Health Organization Workers Compensation Fund World Vision WWSC Western Water and Sewerage Company Zambia Banks Zambia Breweries Plc Zambia Catholic University Zambia Red Cross Society Zambia Sugar Plc Zamtel Zanaco Zambia National Commercial Bank ZAWA Zambia Wildlife Authority ZDA Zambia Development Agency ZEMA Zambia Environmental Management Agency ZESCO Zambia Electricity Supply Corporation Limited ZICA Zambia Institute of Chartered Accountants ZICTA Zambia Information n Communications Technology Authority Zimbabwe ZIPAR Zambia Institute for Policy Analysis and Research ZNBS ZAMBIA NATIONAL BUILDING SOCIETY ZRA Zambia Revenue Authority ZTB Zambia Tourism Board ZWMA Zambia Weights and Measure Agency